Monday, January 18, 2010

Wiki

Talk about keeping it short and simple. Wikis are simple to use. I like the idea of using a wiki to get/provide information and ideas for a group. Some of the public library wikis that I explored had interesting community notes on places to eat or events in the area. These are helpful for the community as well as persons visiting or new to the area. I thought in school it could be used by teachers and students to do creative writing--especially doing a progressive story where one person writes something and the rest of the group contributes until they have a complete story. Also, I thought teachers/librarians could post ideas and resources utilized with particular units of study and grades. Another way to use it in the library is to compose collaborative lists of special books that students ask for such as "scary books." Something else I read was to use wikis in the catalog but I wonder about inappropriate remarks. http://heb23-favoritethings.wikispaces.com/Favorite+Book
http://heb23-favoritethings.wikispaces.com/Favorite+Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment